A blowout treatment is a hair service that many salons offer their customers. Blowouts give customers voluminous and glossy hair with the option to add some soft curls or keep it straight. Typically, a blowout includes:
- A hair wash (sometimes there are treatment upgrades)
- Blow dry with a round brush
- Touch-ups with a flat or curling iron
Depending on your stylist’s technique and the products used, you could end up with a number of different styles. In its simplest form, a blowout means the art of drying your hair after a wash into the desired style. With a blowout, you can create curly hair, straight hair or subtle waves without any curling or flat iron involved. No matter which style you go for, you’ll achieve a smooth, beautiful look and feel amazing!
How long does a blowout last?
A blowdry is designed to last for several days before you need to wash your hair again or come back for another blow dry. Depending on your hair texture and thickness, you can expect your blow-dry to keep its shape for 3-5 days, maybe even longer. If you want to try to extend the lifespan of your blowdry, here are some simple tips to follow :
- Keep your locks dry and out of the rain.
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase to avoid morning bed-head.
- Wear a shower cap when showering.
- Avoid activities that make you sweat.
- Blast your roots with a hairdryer to freshen up your blowout.
Use dry shampoo to absorb excess oils from the scalp.