When it comes to one of the must-try services at a professional nail salon, you cannot dismiss high-quality pedicure. Whether you’re looking for your first-ever spa treatment, want to have a fun and relaxing hour with a friend, need a way to unwind after a difficult week, or simply want to look your best for the weekend, a pedicure should be at the top of your to-do list. People always focus on improving the appearance of their hair, skin, nails, etc, but they usually forget the importance of foot care. Not to mention that your feet have to bear the weight of your body every step of the way. In addition, we cram them into shoes and stand on them for long periods of time. Those hard-working feet deserve a little more attention than you’re probably giving them.
The condition of your feet is important to your physical and emotional well-being. Beyond beauty, what’s even more important is that the feet are often the first to show signs of more serious problems like arthritis, diabetes and vascular disease. Your feet allow you to run marathons, walk to the local coffee shop, and dance at your wedding. Feet need to be kept strong, healthy and comfortable. The problems afflicting your feet are numerous. Foot odor, cracked skin, fallen arches, corns, ingrown toenails, fungal infections and even damaged bones can cause discomfort and reduced mobility. While some of these problems are congenital, you can avoid many of them with proper care and spa treatment at any local beauty salon. The following are some tips for giving yourself a fabulous foot makeover.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes
Tight shoes can worsen bunions, distort toe shape and cause painful foot growths. Overly large shoes prevent your heel from settling in the proper place as you walk, causing blisters and calluses, sore heels and excessive shoe wear. If you wear high heels, choose heels that are wide and stable. To keep feet strong and healthy, you should find a comfortable pair of flat-soled sneakers for everyday wear.
- Keep Your Feet Clean And Dry
Regularly washing the skin on your feet—top, sides, and bottom—with soap and water is an easy way to stop them from smelling and avoid bacteria. After washing, dry your feet thoroughly, especially between the toes, to prevent fungal infections as well as the build-up of new dirt on your feet.
- Look After Your Toe Nails
Your toenails may be the least of your worries but they can cause major discomfort if the conditions like ingrown toenail or toenail fungus develop. Fingernails and toenails can harbour more dirt and germs than other parts of your body. Trimming your toenails is a crucial part of good foot hygiene. The proper way to trim your toenails involves two parts: trim orientation and trim length. If you’re unsure of how to trim your toenails and cuticles, you may need to schedule a professional’s appointment. Furthermore, pretty toenails make you look more attractive when wearing open toe shoes and high heels, so remember to always keep them in the best condition.
- Moisturize Your Feet
If you want to get smooth, soft, and supple feet then you cannot skip moisturizing. Treat your feet the way you treat your face! Moisturizing your feet can provide relief if you’ve been suffering from dry and cracked feet. Not only is this step so important especially for people living in a dry climate and in winter months, but it’s also an extremely relaxing part of the beauty regimen.
- Have A Good Pedicure Routine
If your feet need extra attention, don’t hesitate to treat them to a luxurious treatment and leave your foot problems to an expert. To meet the needs of pampering and beautifying everyone’s feet, toes and toenails, a lot of top-notch nail salons have provided first-class pedicures that are suitable for both men and women.
No self-care is complete without a good pedi. With the help of excellent pedicure kits from trusted beauty brands, your feet can achieve worthy results. Pedicure products used in most of the top-rated salons come from two brands: LA PALM and VOESH. Reading below to have a quick look at these most famous pedi kits on the market.
La Palm VOLCANO SPA PEDICURE SPA-IN-A-BOX
***Volcano Spa includes 5 steps:
- Detox Volcano Crystals.
- Detox Volcano Activator.
- Exfoliating Sugar Scrub.
- Collagen Organic Cream Mask.
- Collagen Organic Massage Lotion.
- Volcano Spa kits offer a fun “volcano eruption” that releases luxury fragrance into the air, filling the room with a lovely aroma.
- The bubbling eruption will detoxify and soften your skin.
- Raw sugars and essential oils renew the skin and enhance vibrancy.
- Collagen is completely absorbed into your feet and legs, which rejuvenates skin’s appearance and leaves your skin hydrated all day.
Voesh PEDI IN A BOX
***Each box includes:
- Sea Salt Soak: detox & deodorize the feet.
- Sugar Scrub: gently exfoliate dead skin.
- Mud Masque: deep cleanse impurities.
- Massage Butter: hydrate & soothe skin.
- Ocean Refresh: Soak your feet in a cool and refreshing tub full of minerals extracted from seawater! The ocean not only leaves you with a healthy glow and much-needed relaxation, but also can solve a good majority of your skin issues.
- Coco Colada Oasis: Made with rich coconut extract that restores moisture and revives dry skin, keeping it fresh and soft. The treatment is like a fruity cocktail that any skin type will drink right up. Give your feet a sweet treat, then let a burst of refreshment scrub over you!
- Cucumber Fresh: Cool off those tired feet with soothing, clean notes from cucumber! Cucumbers are 95% water, they are the perfect way to hydrate dull skin and firm up the outer layers. It smells amazing but the fragrance won’t irritate your skin.
- Watermelon Burst: A little taste of your childhood memory in each treatment! Watermelon and its natural antioxidants Vitamins C & E help to support collagen production, protect against sun damage, energize the skin, and provide an instant burst of hydration to satisfy you.
We cannot mention the pedicure chair—a very essential thing that helps upgrade the client experience at any day spa. A premier spa chair with sterilized foot bath and disposable liners ensures a hygienic pedicure experience. Do research on clean and sanitized nail salons near you to know where is the right place to perform a nice salon pedicure. A perfect pedicure service generally includes: cleaning, removing old nail polish, soaking feet, cutting and filing nails and cuticles, exfoliating, removing callus, massaging your feet with products that make your skin smooth such as lotion or oil. Even though not all pedicures involve painting your nails, for those that do it can be a fun and creative way to express your sense of style.
When was the last time you actively thought about looking after your feet and toenails? Getting a pedicure is a wonderful way to indulge your feet. Pedicures vary depending on the spa and pedicurist, but you may find one perfect for you by the description on a spa menu. A pedicure treatment usually lasts between 30 and 90 minutes, depending on the techniques involved. You need to make sure that you get your pedicure done from qualified technicians who are well versed on how your foot should be treated.
A good pedicure will result in your feet looking as well as feeling fantastic. Some salons concentrate on volume so you won’t get a detailed pedicure at that establishment. Some nail salons advertise pedicures but do not use water to soak your feet. It’s best to call the day spa in your living city to ask what is included. Take better care of your feet and they will carry you for life!